- 2 tsps yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 35g coconut oil/vegetable oil
- 57g honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup warm water
- 413g bread flour or white wheat flour
- Pour warm water into stand mixer bowl. Add yeast and stir around to dissolve.
- To this mixture add the salt, oil, honey, egg, and 200g flour. Mix on speed 1 for 10 minutes, using the paddle attachment.
- Add the remaining flour and mix with the dough hook attachment for 10 minutes on speed 1. If it’s a little sticky, add a small amount of flour by hand, but no more than ¼ cup (34 g)
- Put dough into a greased bowl, turning so surface is greased. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Poke dough down and turn onto a floured surface. Knead or slap to remove air bubbles.
- Put the dough into a greased 9 inch pan.
- Turn dough to coat surface in oil. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees (190 deg C) for about 30 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let rest in pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool completely on wire rack.
How to make yeast bread using a stand mixer