Whole Wheat Sponge Cake
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 146g Wheat flour
- 1 1/8 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 71g Unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Seive the flour and baking powder together.
- Heat milk and butter together just until the butter melts.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Prepare a 9″ tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs for a minute. When little bubbles start forming Gradually start adding sugar, beating until mixture doubles into a thick foam. Beat in the vanilla extract. Gradually add the flour mixture to egg batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Add the hot milk and butter in and beat until just combined.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until the toothpick comes out clean