- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons white sugar (58 g)
- 1 tablespoon and 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch (30 g)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 teaspoons butter (8 g)
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until bubbles form at edges.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour into hot milk, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into serving dishes.
- Chill before serving.