Brazilian Cheese Bread
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cups (122 grams) tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup (66 grams) grated cheese (at your preference except Mozzarella cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C)
- Grease a mini-muffin tin
- Put all of the ingredients into a blender except cheese and pulse until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the blender so that everything gets blended well. Then add cheese and mix them again. The batter can be stored in the refrigerator up to one week.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until all puffy and just lightly browned
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for a few minutes.
Homemade Brazilian Cheese Bread
Brazilian Cheese Bread – Pao de queijo (Gluten Free)
- 1 medium banana (use green-tipped for 21 Day Sugar Detox*, or ripe for more flavor)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored (use green for 21 Day Sugar Detox*, or your favorite variety)
- 1 C (227 g) smooth almond butter (substituted with peanut butter)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 TBSP arrowroot powder/tapioca flour (8 g)
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- oil for greasing waffle iron (melted coconut oil with a silicon pastry brush works best)
- Puree apple and banana in a food processor. Add spice
- Use the whisk attachment of stand mixer and whip peanut butter on high for 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffed.
- Add puree and remaining ingredients to the whipped peanut butter and continue to whip until combined.
- Grease hot waffle maker (for each waffle you make).
- Use about 1 ladle 瓢 of batter per 8-by-4-inch waffle onto hot waffle iron for 3-5 minutes until browned. Do not fill up entire waffle maker, leave about 40% unfilled so that the batter can spread. If waffle is soft or floppy, it’s not ready yet – keep cooking for another minute or two!
- Consume immediately or store flat in freezer and make your own breakfast by reheating in toaster – the waffles will be firm enough!
Paleo Waffles – No Grain/Gluten, All Awesome