Sour Cream Bread and Sour Cream Banana Bread
Sour Cream Bread
- 2 tablespoons water
- 345g sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 476g bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Basic bread cycle, 750g loaf, medium crust.
- Place all ingredient into bread pan in order.
- Sour cream at room temperature is NOT necessary.
Grandmas Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 113g butter, melted
- 200g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 192g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 230g sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional – Raisins make this just as special
Grandma’s Sour Cream Banana Bread