- 344g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1-1/8 tsp active dry yeast
- 237g very warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 37g honey
- Place all dry ingredients, including yeast, into the bowl of your stand mixer. In a separate container, add warm water, oil and honey. (tip – add the oil first and then use the same spoon to measure out the honey. This prevents the honey from sticking to the spoon.) Stir liquids well to combine.
- Place dough hook attachment on mixer and set on low speed for 15 seconds to combine all dry ingredients. Turn off mixer, add the liquid and set to low speed again, this time for about a minute and a half, or until all ingredients have combined. Turn off mixer and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Set Mixer to second speed and run for three minutes. Remove the dough hook and turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead 3 or 4 times to remove any air pockets.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap and a kitchen towel. Let dough proof in a warm, draft free area for 1 hour. At the end of the hour, punch down dough, turn dough onto a floured surface and knead another few times. Form dough into loaf and place into pan.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and allow the loaf to rise for approximately 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Drizzle the top of loaf with olive oil and bake in a preheated 191 deg C (convection baking-177 deg C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is a light golden brown. Remove loaf from pan and allow to cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
Homemade Sandwich Bread