Easy Salmon Spread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cup or 6 servings
- 1 can or pouch (142g) Pink Salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (64g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Chopped fresh dill or parsley for garnish
In food processor or blender, process salmon until fine. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce, processing until smooth. Refrigerate at least one hour and up to one day, until serving time. Sprinkle with chopped herb for garnish.
Easy Salmon Cracker Spread
serves 8 for appetizers
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen salmon, or you can substitute (3) 142g canned salmon
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 57g cream cheese at room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (64g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- RITZ Crackers for serving
- If using fresh salmon, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper, place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minuets until the fish flakes apart.
- Remove the skin from the bottom and place into a medium sized bowl to cool.
- Flake the salmon with a fork or your hands, then add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest.
- Stir to combine then cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Canned salmon spread
- 250 g Canned salmon
- 250 g Cream cheese
- 1 packet Onion soup mix
- 1 squeeze Lemon, or vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
Mix all ingredients except the sesame seeds together in a bowl and chill well before serving with toasted sesame seeds sprinkled on top.
Salmon Dip Recipe
How to Toast Sesame Seeds
1) Bake the seeds instead. Alternatively, you can preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC), and spread the seeds onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, shaking the pan gently every few minutes to spread the heat more evenly. This typically takes eight to fifteen minutes, depending on how thick the layer of sesame seeds is.
2) Use a baking sheet with deep sides to avoid spilling.
Sesame seeds can burn very quickly if the heat gets too high. Stay in the kitchen and don’t forget to check frequently.
3) Cool the seeds. Once the seeds are done toasting in either method, transfer them to a cool baking sheet and let them cool to room temperature. They will cool faster on metal than plastic or glass surfaces.