High Protein Chocolate & Pumpkin Pudding
Recipe type: Dessert, Snack, Breakfast
- 213 g pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder (not Dutch process) (16 g)
- 1/4 cup all-natural, sweetened chocolate protein powder (vegan or whey) (37 g)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond milk or low fat dairy milk
- Optional: additional natural sweetener to taste (e.g., stevia, honey, maple syrup)
Unsweetened natural cocoa powder
sweetened chocolate protein powder
- In a blender or food processor, process the pumpkin, cocoa powder, chocolate protein powder, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended and smooth, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the processor bowl or blender pitcher with a spatula.
- Add half of the milk to the blender or processor; process until smooth, then scrape down sides, Add remaining milk; process until smooth. Taste the pudding and add additional sweetener (a little bit at a time) if desired.
- Scrape into a big container or into individual jars or ramekins. Cover and chill at least 2 hours for it to thicken and for the flavors to blend.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 71 Fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Protein: 10 g