Pound cake refers to a type of cake traditionally made with a pound of each of four ingredients: flour, butter, eggs, and sugar. The traditional recipe makes a cake much larger than most families can consume, and so the quantity is often changed to suit the size of the cake that is desired. As long as the ratio is preserved, the resulting cake will be identical to that using the traditional recipe. Hence, any cake made with a 1:1:1:1 ratio of flour, butter, eggs, and sugar is also called a pound cake.
large eggs, room temperature 大雞蛋，室溫 3
milk, room temperature 牛奶，室溫 3 tablespoons
pure vanilla extract 純雲呢拿香油 1 1/2 teaspoons
cake flour 蛋糕粉 1 1/2 cups (150 g)
132g all-purpose-flour + 36g corn starch. Sifted)
baking powder 泡打粉 1 teaspoon
salt 鹽 1/4 teaspoon
granulated white sugar 白砂糖 150 g
unsalted butter, room temp 無鹽牛油，室溫 185 g
yield: one 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
- Line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper and butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla extract
- Place the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds or until blended
- Add the melted butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat for about one minute to aerate and develop the cake’s structure. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Gradually add the remaining egg mixture, in 2 additions, beating about 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the egg and strengthen the cake’s structure
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you find the cake browning too much as it bakes, cover with a piece of lightly buttered aluminium foil after about 30 minutes.
指導說明 翻譯 [廣東話] Instruction
The Pound Cake can be covered and stored for several days at room temperature, for one week when refrigerated, or it can be frozen for two months.
Pound Cake Recipe Demonstration
If Stand Mixer is NOT available at home you can consider purchasing a Hand Blender which is much cheaper in price.
座台式攪拌機/手持式攪拌器 翻譯 [廣東話] Stand Mixer / Hand Blender
American Sponge Cake Recipe Demonstration