Plum and Ginger Jam
- 1 pound (454 grams) of plums, washed, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (170 grams)
- 1/4 of a lemon, seeded
- 3 -1/4″ thick slices of fresh, peeled ginger
- In a medium sized, nonreactive saucepan, toss the plums with the sugar and the ginger slices and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is mostly dissolved, about 1 hour.
- Squeeze the 1/4 lemon over the plums, then add the whole thing to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the liquid runs off the side of a spoon in thick, heavy drops, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Discard the lemon and ginger slices and let the jam cool slightly. Spoon the jam into a jar or Tupperware container and refrigerate.
- The jam can be stored in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
This recipe can easily be scaled up to make more of this luscious treat according to your requirement.
Plum and ginger jam – recipe