Light Sponge Cake
- 2 eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 250ml double cream
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Grease one 23x23cm square tin.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl until very thick. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In three parts add the flour mixture alternately with the double cream to the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 for 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean.