Lemon Souffle Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons regular granulated sugar (125 g)
- 1/2 cup flour (63 g)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150 ml milk
- 1 pinch salt
1. Separate 2 eggs into whites and yellows. Keep egg whites aside for later use.
2. Whisk egg yolks, add lemon juice, lemon zest and sugar. Combine well with a hand whisk.
3. Add flour, fold it in till well combined then add vanilla essence.
4. Add milk and mix everything together. Keep this egg yolk mix aside.
5. In a clean container start beating the egg whites and a pinch of salt with an electric beater till stiff peaks form, this will take about 8 minutes at the highest speed.
6. Now gently fold in the stiff egg whites into the egg yolk mix from step 4. Do this in 3-4 batches, not all in once!
7. Pour ready mixture into lightly buttered ramekin bowls. Place ramekin bowls into oven proof dish.
8. Create a water bath by pouring hot water upto half way of the ramekin tins. Place into preheated oven at 180 deg C for 20-30 minutes (depending on your oven) until pudding is well risen and brown on top.
How to make quick skinny Lemon Souffle Pudding