Honey Oat Bread
- 2-1/4 tsp Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 90 g Honey
- 43 g Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cup Warm Water
- 381 g Bread Flour
- 90 g Quick Oats
- 40 g Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
43 g Honey, warmed up a bit so it’s runny
11 g Quick Oats
1) In a small bowl, add the water, honey and yeast. Let it sit for a few minutes until the yeast is activated.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough hook attachment, add flour, milk powder, oats, salt and the yeast milk mixture.
3) Knead the dough for just a few minutes or until it comes together.
4) Turn the dough onto a floured surface and continue to knead until the dough is nice and smooth.
5) Lightly grease a large bowl, place the dough in the greased bowl, brush the top with a little oil and cover with plastic wrap.
6) Place in a warm draft free spot and let it rise for about an hour and a half to two hours or until doubled in size.
7) Grease a 9×5” loaf pan with some vegetable oil and set aside.
8) Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead it for a minute just to pull it together. Form it into a loaf, place it in the greased loaf pan (seam side down) cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rise for another hour or so or until doubled once more.
9) Preheat your oven to 350 deg F (177 deg C)(convection baking-163 deg C), brush the top of the bread with the warmed honey and sprinkle the oats all over the top. Bake your bread for about 40 minutes or so or until lightly golden brown. If you see the bread turning brown too quickly, tent it with a little foil to stop it from getting too dark. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
Honey Oat Bread Recipe
Homemade Oatmeal Bread
(A Recipe From My Bakery)