Gingerbread - Pain d'épices
- Butter 115g
- Golden Syrup 125g
- Treacle 50g
- Light Brown Soft Sugar 125g
- Milk 180ml
- Egg, lightly beaten 1
- Plain Flour 280g
- Ground Ginger 2 tsp
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp
- Follow Program 7 recipe instructions.
- Place the butter, syrup, treacle and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool slightly then pour into the bread pan.
- Add the milk and egg to the bread pan.
- Sift the flour, ginger, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and add to the pan.
- Insert and lock the bread pan into the machine.
Select program 7.
- After 6 minutes mixing, scrape down with a plastic spatula to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
If using granulated sugar for Golden Syrup
Add Granulated Sugar 125g
Milk increased to 230ml
Note: Gingerbread is best left stored in an airtight container for 24 hours before eating, to allow time for it to become sticky.
Gingerbread Cake Recipe Demonstration