- Butter 115g
- Golden Syrup 125g (OR substituted with honey)
- Treacle 50g (OR substituted with honey)
- Light Brown Soft Sugar 125g
- Milk 180ml
- Egg, lightly beaten 1
- Plain Flour 280g
- Ground Ginger 2 tsp (2.5 g)
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Bicarbonate of Soda 1 tsp
1) Place the butter, syrup, treacle and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently until melted, stirring occassionally. Leave to cool slightly then pour into the bread pan.
2) Add the milk and egg to the bread pan.
3) Sift the flour, ginger, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and add to the pan.
4) Insert and lock the bread pan into the machine.
5) Select Quick Bread Program (program 7.)
6) After 6 minutes mixing, scrape down with a plastic spatula to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Quick Bread
- Crust color Medium
- Kneading 1 (slow) 3 min
- Kneading 2 (rapid) 20 min
- Baking 105 min
- Total time 2:08 hrs