Egg White Cake
- 4 large egg whites
- 168 g caster sugar
- 107 g plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 heaped Tbsp potato starch or cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 67 g melted butter (just under a stick), slightly cooled
- Whisk the egg whites with 2 Tbsp of sugar until thick and pale and very foamy.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with flour, potato starch and baking powder, then sift into the egg mixture and fold in gently.
- Finally fold in cool melted butter.
- Pour the batter into a buttered bundt-form and bake in a pre-heated 180 C oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a wooden toothpick.
- Cool slightly before turning out of the cake tin.