Cream Cheese Dried Fruit Bread
Yields 3 mini loaves
Sweet, soft and brioche like fluffy bread made with cream cheese and packed with dried fruit.
Prep Time 20 min
Bake Time 30 min
Total Time 2 hr, 30
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) King Arthur bread flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) lukewarm water
- 2 tsp dry yeast
- 2 oz (56 grams) room temperature cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 2/3 cup King Arthur dried fruit blend
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups (360 grams) bread flour
- 2/3 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp butter (for brushing)
- powder sugar
- In a mixing bowl add 1/4 cup bread flour, 1/3 cup lukewarm water and the yeast. Mix to combine and leave at room temperature for about 5 minutes until the mixture foams and it’s almost double in volume.
- Add the cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt and dried fruit.
- With the dough hook on start mixing adding the remaining water and slowly the remaining 3 cups of bread flour.
- When all the flour is added increase the mixer speed to medium and let it knead the dough for 2-3 minutes. The dough should be soft and elastic and cleans itself from the sides of the bowl.
- With greased hands take the dough out and place it into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic foil and leave at room temperature for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
- When risen, divide the dough in three, shape each piece into a log and place the mini-loaves into 3 greased paper baking pans.
- Cover again with plastic wrap and leave to rise for 25-30 more minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the oven to 375deg F (191deg C)
- Bake the loaves for about 30 minutes or until the smell of fresh break is talking over your kitchen.
- As soon as you remove the loaves form the oven brush them with butter.
- Leave to cool before dusting with powder sugar.