Chocolate Sponge Cake-1
(Recipe for one 20 x 12 x 5 cm cake)
- 25 g corn oil
- 10 g Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 10 g milk, cold
- 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 g glucose
- 105 g whole eggs
- 15 g egg yolk
- 80 g castor sugar
- 50 g cake flour (substituted with corns tarch 6 g, all_purpose_flour 44 g and 1/2 baking powder)
- 1⁄8 tsp baking soda
- Shift the flour and baking soda at least 3 times.
- Line pan with parchment paper and generously greased. Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Heat oil at high heat and add cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Allow the mixture cooling down slightly, till bowl feeling quite warm. Add milk and stir thoroughly. Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir again. Set aside to cool down completely.
- Whisk glucose, eggs and yolk till starting thicken. While whisking add sugar gradually. Continue to whisk till mixture is thick and pale. Reduce speed towards the end to remove big air bubbles.
- Add cocoa paste in 2 batches till no streaks of cocoa after each addition. Thoroughly scrape bottom of bowl with spatula and fold till evenly mixed.
- Sift flour in 2 batches. Mix with whisk after each addition, stirring just top part of egg mixture. Scrape down and fold with spatula till just evenly mixed. Bang mixing bowl against worktop 2-3 times.
- Pour batter into cake pan. Tap pan on worktop 2-3 times.
- Bake in bottom of oven untill batter doesn’t move when gently jiggled, about 20 minutes, rotating pan as necessary so that cake rises evenly. Transfer to middle of oven. Continue baking till skewer inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cake to wire rack.
Chocolate Sponge Cake