- 2 cups milk of choice OR canned coconut milk
- heaping 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (23 g) Dutch cocoa powder
- pinch uncut stevia OR 1/4 cup sugar (50 g), pure maple syrup, or honey
- 1/2 cup milk of choice + 3 tbsp cornstarch (such as Rapunzel non-GMO)(45 g)
- optional 3.5 oz chocolate chips or broken-up bar
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Heat 2 cups milk in a saucepan with salt, cocoa powder, and sweetener.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk in a small bowl until dissolved.
- When the 2 cups milk are warm, add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir constantly for 2 minutes. Lower to a simmer for an additional minute, then turn off the heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and broken-up chocolate pieces until the chocolate melts.
- Transfer the pudding to the refrigerator to thicken. It will be ready to consume after a few hours or overnight.