PREPARATION 10 minutes
COOK TIME 30 minutes
SERVINGS Makes 3 Baguettes
3-1/2 to 4 cups 00 flour or All Purpose Flour
(437 – 500 g)
(start with 3 1/2 cups of flour, if dough is too sticky, add the remaining 1/2 cup of flour)
1-1/2 cups Warm Water
1-1/2 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Sugar
2 tsp Salt
1) Add sugar and yeast in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes to proof.
2) Add flour yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a standing mixer .
3) Mix on medium-low speed for about 6 to 7 minutes or until a smooth and somewhat creamy looking dough is formed. (dough will be extremely sticky at this point)
4) Oil a large bowl with some vegetable oil and place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place it in a warm corner to rise for about an hour or until doubled in size.
5) Dump dough on a floured surface and cut into 3 equal pieces, roll each piece into a 12 inch rope and place them on baguette pan.
6) Cover with a towel and let them rise until doubled (about one hour).
7) Preheat the oven to 475 deg F (246 deg C), place a cast iron skillet on the bottom rack in the oven.
8) Place the baguette pan on the top shelf, quickly add 1 cup of water to the pan and shut the oven door immediately.
9) Let them bake for about 30 minutes or until crispy and brown.
10) Allow them to cool a bit before serving.
Homemade Baguette Recipe