100 Percent Whole Wheat Bread
100% Whole Wheat Bread for the Bread Machine
For 1-1/2 lb. bread machine
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp (25 g) olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (85 g)
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat or Traditional Whole Wheat Flour (454 g)
- 1/4 cup sunflower, sesame or flax seeds, or a combination (optional)
- 1 tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp instant yeast
Put all of the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed. Program for basic white bread, and press Start.
Whole Wheat Machine Bread
Yield: 1 2lb loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 2-4 hours (depends on your machine)
- 1 cup almond milk (or buttermilk, skim milk, any kind of milk)
- 2/3 cup water (158 ml)
- 2 tbsp butter (or lard, olive oil, etc.) (28 g)
- 2 tbsp honey (42.5 g)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3-3/4 cups whole wheat flour (450 g)
- 3/4 cup cereal or seeds (I’ve used 7 grain cereal, a blend or flax, millet and sunflower seeds, just straight sunflower seeds and old fashioned oats all successfully)
- 2-1/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 2 tbsp vital wheat gluten (optional, but will guarantee a fluffy loaf)
1. Place all ingredients in the order they are listed into the baking pan of your bread machine.
2. Follow the directions on your machine for whole wheat bread. **Please note I actually set mine to rapid bake for this recipe
3. Remove from machine when done and allow to cool on a baking rack for at least one hour.
4. Slice and enjoy!
Honey Whole Wheat Bread Machine